Fay Hield coming up in February!!!
Our next concert – which hopefully will go ahead, fingers crossed! – is with the fantastic Fay Hield on 28 February.
Please bear with us while we update our website after the problems we have had with it recently, so more information coming soon, but meanwhile tickets are available at www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout
It will be a great night!
We hope our website problems are resolved now, but please let us know if you encounter any problems accessing any part of the website!
Profuse apologies for any inconvenience caused!
Concert postponed :(
We are sorry to say that due to the ongoing Covid situation we have reluctantly decided to postpone our concert on Friday 28 January with the fantastic Kit Hawes and Aaron Catlow.
If you had bought tickets for this, you will have been contacted by WeGotTickets. We will let you know as soon as we have a new date, when hopefully this depressing time will be in the past.
Please contact us if you have any queries.
Happy New Year! And an update …..
We wish you a very happy and healthy new year, with lots of music and singing!
Due to the ongoing Covid situation in Southwark, we have reluctantly moved our January Singaround to Zoom. If you would like to join in, as a singer or listener, and are not already on our Zoom emailing list to get the link, please contact us via the contact form here.
For the same reason, we are not sure at present whether our concert on 28 January with the fantastic Kit Hawes and Aaron Catlow will be going ahead. We are keeping tickets on sale for the time being, and you can buy them here:
Please watch this space for further updates, or subscribe to our newsletter via the link on the right for the very latest news.
Keep safe and well, everybody! xxx
PS If anybody can throw any light on why all the images on this website have suddenly become elongated, please let me know!!!! Sue xxx
Covid precautions we are taking at all Goose events
Okay, this is a duck, but we couldn’t find a picture of a Goose mask!
We are doing all we can to make sure that everybody who comes to our concerts and singarounds feels safe, and we are taking the following precautions.
We will review these on a regular basis and make whatever changes we think are necessary.
The following are what we have in place as of 8 November, and which will apply to our singaround on 14 October and our conccert with Martin Simpson on 26 November unless Covid circumstances change (for the better or for the worse – hopefully not for the worse!).
We know that the people who come to the Goose are sensible and caring people, so we hope you understand why we have all these precautions in place! Don’t forget that they are not just to protect you, they are to protect others too! Keep safe, everybody!
* WE WILL BE RESTRICTING TICKET SALES AT OUR CONCERTS. THE CONCERTS WILL BE SEATED ONLY for the foreseeable future, with social distancing between rows, and THE CAPACITY WILL BE LESS THAN 70% OF WHAT IT IS NORMALLY.
* OUR SINGAROUNDS WILL BE SEATED ONLY, and tables/seats will be arranged so that it should be easy to sit alone if you wish. If we feel it is necessary, we may need to limit numbers on the night, so if you are coming a long way, please try to arrive at the start if possible. Please let us know if you feel unsafe at any point, and we will do our best to put things right.
* WE WILL BE ASKING YOU TO SHOW PROOF AT THE DOOR THAT YOU ARE DOUBLE JABBED (or proof that you are exempt). This could be the bit of blue cardboard with the record of your jabs on, or an NHS Covid Pass (which you can apply to get sent to you by post here ). Sorry, but we will make no exceptions to this, so please don’t forget your proof! We are really sorry that this will mean excluding some younger people who have not yet been offered the vaccine, but we hope that you will be able to come to later events this year.
* EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO ANY OF OUR EVENTS IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, THINK YOU MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO INFECTION, OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS WHICH COULD BE COVID-RELATED (there are many more than the fever/cough/loss of taste or smell which the government is still trotting out …..). If you have bought advance tickets, please let us know as soon as possible if this applies to you, and we will give you a credit for a ticket to a future concert when hopefully you will be better.
* PLEASE BRING A MASK, AND WEAR IT AT ALL TIMES WHEN YOU ARE MOVING ABOUT THE ROOM OR THE PUB. The Ivy House is encouraging people to wear masks but not enforcing it, but we will not allow people into our events without one, unless you can show us proof that you are exempt.
* PLEASE MOVE AROUND THE ROOM AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, AND ONLY WHEN NECESSARY. There are a bar and toilets in the ballroom, so you shouldn’t need to go outside the room during the event.
* THERE WILL BE SANITISERS FOR YOU TO USE.
* THE IVY HOUSE STAFF ARE BEING OFFERED REGULAR LATERAL FLOW TESTS.
* THE IVY HOUSE IS DEEP CLEANING THE BUILDING REGULARLY, AND WILL CONTINUE TO USE CONTACT CLEANING SOLUTIONS WHICH REDUCE THE RISK OF CONTACT INFECTIONS.
Please do feel free to contact us if you have any queries about any of the above.
We hope you will have a great time at all the Goose events you come to, and we hope to see you soon!
Singaround on SUNDAY 14 November !!!! 7pm! £5!!!!
Thanks so much to everybody who came to our August, September and October Singarounds! How lovely to be back singing live again and not on a screen!
We will of course continue to take Covid precautions (see the separate post above this one).
Click here for more information about our Singarounds (though it was written pre-Covid)
Please note that we can take CASH ONLY , so please dig out those old fivers (remember them?) !
The door will open at 7pm (or earlier if necessary under present circumstances) and the singing will start at 7.15pm.
If you want to eat, please note that the kitchen closes at 6pm. Also please note that we have to finish singing by 10pm at the latest, because the pub now closes earlier on a Sunday.
Looking forward to seeing you! Singers and listeners all welcome!