Martin Simpson concert sold out! Change in Timings! Important Reminder!
Our next concert on Friday 26 November is with the fantastic Martin Simpson – but sorry, this is now SOLD OUT.
To see our other upcoming concerts, please click here!
Change in Timings
We are sorry to say that Liam Cooper, one of the supports for Friday’s concert, is presently self-isolating due to Covid (he was double jabbed so luckily has it mildly).
This means that we expect the concert to finish around 10.30pm rather than 11pm. The door will open at 7pm and the live music will start at 8pm as usual.
We are sorry for any disappointment, but obviously this was outside our control, with too short notice to find a suitable replacement.
And here’s the reminder ….. WE HAVE COVID PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE AT ALL OUR EVENTS, AS PART OF WHICH WE ASK FOR PROOF THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOUBLE JABBED (OR ARE EXEMPT)!!! THESE PRECAUTIONS ARE OUTLINED BELOW AND ARE ALSO CLEARLY STATED ON ALL OUR TICKET PAGES ON WEGOTTICKETS!!! AND IN ALL OUR NEWSLETTERS!!! Please see below for full details!
It is embarrassing for all concerned if we have to have lengthy conversations because you do not have such proof with you, and for the safety of all of us we make no exceptions, however well we know you.
PLEASE don’t buy a ticket if you know you cannot provide such proof. We respect your right to your opinions, so please respect our right to do whatever we can to protect our audiences and ourselves at our events!
Covid precautions we are taking at all Goose events
Okay, this is a duck, but we couldn’t find a picture of a Goose mask!
We are doing all we can to make sure that everybody who comes to our concerts and singarounds feels safe, and we are taking the following precautions.
We will review these on a regular basis and make whatever changes we think are necessary.
The following are what we have in place as of 8 November, and which will apply to our singaround on 14 October and our conccert with Martin Simpson on 26 November unless Covid circumstances change (for the better or for the worse – hopefully not for the worse!).
We know that the people who come to the Goose are sensible and caring people, so we hope you understand why we have all these precautions in place! Don’t forget that they are not just to protect you, they are to protect others too! Keep safe, everybody!
* WE WILL BE RESTRICTING TICKET SALES AT OUR CONCERTS. THE CONCERTS WILL BE SEATED ONLY for the foreseeable future, with social distancing between rows, and THE CAPACITY WILL BE LESS THAN 70% OF WHAT IT IS NORMALLY.
* OUR SINGAROUNDS WILL BE SEATED ONLY, and tables/seats will be arranged so that it should be easy to sit alone if you wish. If we feel it is necessary, we may need to limit numbers on the night, so if you are coming a long way, please try to arrive at the start if possible. Please let us know if you feel unsafe at any point, and we will do our best to put things right.
* WE WILL BE ASKING YOU TO SHOW PROOF AT THE DOOR THAT YOU ARE DOUBLE JABBED (or proof that you are exempt). This could be the bit of blue cardboard with the record of your jabs on, or an NHS Covid Pass (which you can apply to get sent to you by post here ). Sorry, but we will make no exceptions to this, so please don’t forget your proof! We are really sorry that this will mean excluding some younger people who have not yet been offered the vaccine, but we hope that you will be able to come to later events this year.
* EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO ANY OF OUR EVENTS IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, THINK YOU MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO INFECTION, OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS WHICH COULD BE COVID-RELATED (there are many more than the fever/cough/loss of taste or smell which the government is still trotting out …..). If you have bought advance tickets, please let us know as soon as possible if this applies to you, and we will give you a credit for a ticket to a future concert when hopefully you will be better.
* PLEASE BRING A MASK, AND WEAR IT AT ALL TIMES WHEN YOU ARE MOVING ABOUT THE ROOM OR THE PUB. The Ivy House is encouraging people to wear masks but not enforcing it, but we will not allow people into our events without one, unless you can show us proof that you are exempt.
* PLEASE MOVE AROUND THE ROOM AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, AND ONLY WHEN NECESSARY. There are a bar and toilets in the ballroom, so you shouldn’t need to go outside the room during the event.
* THERE WILL BE SANITISERS FOR YOU TO USE.
* THE IVY HOUSE STAFF ARE BEING OFFERED REGULAR LATERAL FLOW TESTS.
* THE IVY HOUSE IS DEEP CLEANING THE BUILDING REGULARLY, AND WILL CONTINUE TO USE CONTACT CLEANING SOLUTIONS WHICH REDUCE THE RISK OF CONTACT INFECTIONS.
Please do feel free to contact us if you have any queries about any of the above.
We hope you will have a great time at all the Goose events you come to, and we hope to see you soon!
Singaround on SUNDAY 14 November !!!! 7pm! £5!!!!
Thanks so much to everybody who came to our August, September and October Singarounds! How lovely to be back singing live again and not on a screen!
We will of course continue to take Covid precautions (see the separate post above this one).
Click here for more information about our Singarounds (though it was written pre-Covid)
Please note that we can take CASH ONLY , so please dig out those old fivers (remember them?) !
The door will open at 7pm (or earlier if necessary under present circumstances) and the singing will start at 7.15pm.
If you want to eat, please note that the kitchen closes at 6pm. Also please note that we have to finish singing by 10pm at the latest, because the pub now closes earlier on a Sunday.
Looking forward to seeing you! Singers and listeners all welcome!
MARTIN SIMPSON, with Creeping Jane and Liam Cooper ! Friday 26 November!
2022 CONCERTS – TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!!
Tickets are now on sale for all our 2022 concerts.
See what’s on here!
Buy tickets here!
Update from the Goose 5 July!
Our first concerts at The Ivy House since lockdown will be Alasdair Roberts (24 September ), Ewan McLennan (29 October) and Martin Simpson (26 November). The first two were postponed from 2020.
We have just put tickets on sale.
Click here to buy tickets!
Our first Singaround at The Ivy House since lockdown will be on Sunday 8 August ( we have been running Zoom singarounds).
If you need any information about any of the above, you can contact us here!
Keep safe and well, everybody xxx