Okay, this is a duck, but we couldn’t find a picture of a Goose mask!
We are doing all we can to make sure that everybody who comes to our concerts and singarounds feels safe, and we are taking the following precautions (in addition to what The Ivy House is already doing).
We will review these on a regular basis and make whatever changes we think are necessary.
The following are what we have in place as of 17 August, and which will apply to our singaround on 12 September and our concert with Alasdair Roberts on 24 September unless Covid circumstances change (for the better or for the worse – hopefully not for the worse!).
We know that the people who come to the Goose are sensible and caring people, so we hope you understand why we have all these precautions in place! Don’t forget that they are not just to protect you, they are to protect others too! Keep safe, everybody!
* WE WILL BE RESTRICTING TICKET SALES AT OUR CONCERTS. THE CONCERTS WILL BE SEATED ONLY for the foreseeable future, with social distancing between rows, and THE CAPACITY WILL BE LESS THAN 70% OF WHAT IT IS NORMALLY.
* OUR SINGAROUNDS WILL BE SEATED ONLY, and tables/seats will be arranged so that it should be easy to sit alone if you wish. If we feel it is necessary, we may need to limit numbers on the night, so if you are coming a long way, please try to arrive at the start if possible. Please let us know if you feel unsafe at any point, and we will do our best to put things right.
* WE WILL BE ASKING YOU TO SHOW PROOF AT THE DOOR THAT YOU ARE DOUBLE JABBED (or proof that you are exempt). This could be the bit of blue cardboard with the record of your jabs on, or an NHS Covid Pass (which you can apply to get sent to you by post here ). Sorry, but we will make no exceptions to this, so please don’t forget your proof! We are really sorry that this will mean excluding some younger people who have not yet been offered the vaccine, but we hope that you will be able to come to later events this year.
* EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO ANY OF OUR EVENTS IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, THINK YOU MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO INFECTION, OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS WHICH COULD BE COVID-RELATED (there are many more than the fever/cough/loss of taste or smell which the government is still trotting out …..). If you have bought advance tickets, please let us know as soon as possible if this applies to you, and we will give you a credit for a ticket to a future concert when hopefully you will be better.
* PLEASE BRING A MASK, AND WEAR IT AT ALL TIMES WHEN YOU ARE MOVING ABOUT THE ROOM OR THE PUB. The Ivy House is encouraging people to wear masks but not enforcing it (though their staff will be wearing masks), but we will not allow people into our events without one, unless you can show us proof that you are exempt.
* PLEASE MOVE AROUND THE ROOM AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, AND ONLY WHEN NECESSARY. There are a bar and toilets in the ballroom, so you shouldn’t need to go outside the room during the event.
* THERE WILL BE SANITISERS FOR YOU TO USE.
* THE IVY HOUSE STAFF ARE BEING OFFERED REGULAR LATERAL FLOW TESTS.
* THE IVY HOUSE IS DEEP CLEANING THE BUILDING REGULARLY, AND WILL CONTINUE TO USE CONTACT CLEANING SOLUTIONS WHICH REDUCE THE RISK OF CONTACT INFECTIONS.
Please do feel free to contact us if you have any queries about any of the above.
We hope you will have a great time at all the Goose events you come to, and we hope to see you soon!